YouTube is a powerful marketing platform that helps to enhance your business and brand. Over 6 billion hours of YouTube video viewed per month. Also, YouTube is the second largest website in the world. One-third of the internet audience spends much time on YouTube.
YouTube marketing is the main key to getting videos ranked on both YouTube and Google search. It makes an automated flow to find the people with your videos, which is related to your business.
In this guide, we will discuss the importance of Youtube ranking with the help of 8 tips. Once you have followed these steps, it helps you get more likes and views by ranking your YouTube videos higher on Google and YouTube.
STEP 1: YOUTUBE VIDEO NAME
Naming is an identical factor in the marketing process. Most marketers made a mistake with improper naming for your videos. This naming structure will happen in two places.
- Raw video file
- Video title
YouTube has the algorithm for the raw video file, which helps to find the content. If you’re not familiar with raw video titles, this guide helps to work on it.
Below are the tips to optimize the raw video title:
- Right-click on your YouTube video and choose “Get Info”.
- Include tags which are related to your video’s and synonym keywords.
- Give a name the file based on your main keywords
- Use some comments about your YouTube video.
Once you upload your file on the YouTube channel, it will automatically throughout the raw file name.
The video title should be less than 60 characters. Use keywords at the beginning of the title. Also, it must be short and descriptive and easily attracted by the audience. Don’t forget to add the keywords to your title. It helps to be an essential part of the ranking progress.
STEP 2: VIDEO LENGTH
The YouTube algorithm is based on the views when YouTube was first launched. Once you get the most views for your video and it gets a high rank. But two years ago, YouTube changed its terms and conditions. They have counted your views, but at the same time, they do conjunction with engagement metrics.
The engagement metrics are,
- Number of seconds viewed
- Social shares and Likes
These additional metrics help to cut out the false clicks from the million click farms. At this moment, it can neglect a lot of videos with less focus content. It’s better to make rich content that drives user engagement. YouTube doesn’t have any guidelines regarding video length. Any user can upload extreme video length, but we suggest creating your video at least 60 seconds.
There are two main reasons:
- Your video length is longer, which means you can engage your viewers. Therefore, having your videos will add more seconds to your count and increase your watch time.
- In YouTube policy, short videos consider the spam your videos; So, avoid making length videos. It helps boost your video and enhance your YouTube likes & subscribers.
STEP 3: VIDEO TITLE & DESCRIPTION:
The audience first lands on your page; they can see the title. Your video title should be related to your video and descriptive. The length of the title is 55-60 characters. Use keywords at the beginning or mid of the title, which improves your chance for ranking higher in YouTube search.
Many YouTubers forget this section; the most important section is a video description. Basically, you can describe your video with the help of the keywords. Also, you can add the link to your website. A new member lands on your page, they first read the description part and click the link. Your video views are great, but YouTube is merely a means to something larger. Your videos should encourage your audience to take action. That action should be clicked on your website where you can finish the marketing process.
Here are some tips for creating a video description:
- Create a unique style! Don’t copy the content from competitors and your previous videos. Each video is different and should be treated. Write a unique description for each video.
- The character’s length of the description section is to be 5000. Use 2-3 keywords in part.
- Avoid placing the same keywords twice. You’re stuffing the same keywords, and there is a chance of going spam.
- Use synonyms of the keywords in your description. For Instance, your keyword is – how to rank on YouTube videos, how to rank on YouTube videos in Google-like.
STEP 4: MAKE A PLAYLIST
Make a playlist for your YouTube channel that helps your viewers easily find your videos. It is the easiest way to segregate your content and share it with others. You can create playlists for saving the multipurpose channel.
You can make a playlist with the help of keywords. Whatever you can split that music videos, news, funny videos, and entertainment videos. It is simple to add, edit, and delete from the YouTube playlist. You will drop your videos to change the order, change the priority, and rename the playlist.
Here are the steps on how to make a playlist:
- Start to watch the video before you can add the playlist.
- Save the video first, and create a “New Playlist.”
- Give the name of the playlist and select the private or public.
- Once created a playlist, add your favorite video and again save it.
- After that, you have to check whether the videos are added or not. Note it – add more videos to your playlist at a time.
The playlist section is placed on the left-hand column of your YouTube homepage.
STEP 5: CUSTOMIZED THUMBNAIL
YouTube offers to choose the image that suits your YouTube videos—adding a thumbnail of your videos to make the best impression for your viewers. I suggest placing a thumbnail that tells the viewers what your video is about and why they click on it.
If you want to boost your subscribers, you have to use a proper thumbnail to your videos. It is the heart of YouTube videos. Also, you can easily include the custom thumbnail and upload it.
Here are the few tips to before uploading the content:
- The thumbnail image size should be 1280 x 720
- Images must be .JPG, .PNG, .GIF or .BMP
- Under 2 MB
- Use attractive colors like Yellow, Red & Green, and use stylish fonts.
YouTube is a robust platform when you have used it correctly. YouTube Video marketing is developing, and many marketers want to promote their product in the channel. Creating unique content and standing out the right people at the right time is important for success. Don’t forget to add the above steps to your videos and start ranking in Google & YouTube searches.
Victoria Daniel is a social media expert and writer who is working in PixelGroovy. She is a regular contributor to well established IOT blogs and she has been into Internet marketing for two years.